Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Kickin' It In A Brazilian FedEx Facility.



Digging around and found some of these scans from DC Comics' 52 issue #27. Bizarre tale with this issue... Half an issue of my pencils went missing in Brazil for 3 weeks. When all involved finally realized they were missing, it was too late (the issue had to get to the printer), and late on a Friday, DC had to hand-deliver crappy photocopies of my pencils to inkers around N.Y. to be finished over the weekend, lightboxed on tracing Vellum. I was amazed by the inks on a couple of those pages in the final product, considering the conditions under which they were produced. The original pencils were later discovered in a FedEx facility, somewhere in Brazil.

Another trivia note: In the script, when Ralph forced her into human form from Eclipso-form, Sue was nude. It was later decided to have an inker add a track suit. I think that honor went to Rodney Ramos and I thought he did a nice job.

No comments: